If you don’t know how to blur video background on Microsoft Teams, we are going to help you out. Microsoft Teams is a messaging application for Windows, iOS, and Android devices. In 2018, Microsoft added a new blurred background feature to Teams. That’s a great feature for video calls that allows users to blur their backgrounds. Therefore, users can essentially join their video meetings without any silly background.
There are some system requirements for the blurred background effect. The effect requires hardware with an Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (AVX2) processor. Users with hardware that does not have Advanced Vector Extensions 2 processors will not be able to use the Blurred Background effect in Teams. Teams users will also need an Office 365 subscription.
How to blur video background on Microsoft Teams?
- First, open the Teams application.
- Select a scheduled meeting to join the teams.
- Press the Join button, which will open the video settings.
- Then, toggle the center slider option to activate the background blur.
- Press the Join Now button.
- Users can still blur the video backgrounds after joining meetings. To do that, click the three dots button to open the settings.
- Click the Blur My Background option.
- Users can remove the blurred background effect by clicking the three dots button and selecting the Do not blur the background option.
That’s all users have to do to enable the blurred background effect in Microsoft Teams. Some users may find that blurred backgrounds are more of a trick, but sometimes they can be useful for video calls.