The fifth annual “Year on TikTok” report of TikTok has been released. Are you excited to hear what was the most viewed TikTok video? This report summarizes all the creators, moments, and trends that have been most popular on the app over the past 12 months.
As explained by TikTok:
In 2022, we lived, we laughed, and we collectively agreed on our love of corn. Our global community entertained and inspired each other, elevating and celebrating self-expression by discovering, creating and sharing content that captured our imaginations.
What was the most viewed TikTok video in 2022?
Nine categories make up TikTok’s Year in Review:
- FYFaves – The year’s most popular videos
- TikTok Taught Me – Educational content
- The Playlist – The most popular songs on the app
- Only on TikTok – Trends
- Breakthrough Stars – The newcomer influencers
- The Hitmakers – The most popular artists in the app
- Uncovered Communities – A celebration of subcultures and niche communities that are thriving on TikTok
- Eats on Repeat – Food and recipes
- Loved by TikTok – Popular products
This offers a variety of perspectives and aspects that may help you better understand the app and the major trends in different markets and components.
The most viewed TikTok video had more than 300 million views and was a demonstration of a chocolate giraffe being made by chocolatier @amauryguichon.
Year on TikTok 2022
The complete list of the top US videos is as follows (you can watch the top 3 below):
- @amauryguichon – Constructing a very large chocolate giraffe
- @chipmunksoftiktok – Squishy’s back after hibernation!
- @rosalia – You can say a lot with the way you chew gum
- @blondebrunetteredhead – A deadpan take on “Jiggle Jiggle” by the leads of Riverdale
- @little.blooming.women – “I’m just a baby!”
- @schmoyoho – The beloved Corn Kid gets remixed
- @lizzo – Lizzo helps us learn the choreo for “About Damn Time”
- @itsmrfinn – A teacher’s elaborate yearly school musical reveal
- @jimmydarts – Helping Tom get back on his feet
- @meltandpour – The ultimate showdown: lava vs. ice
The most viewed TikTok video Number 1:
The most viewed TikTok video Number 2:
The most viewed TikTok video Number 3:
As you can see, a good number of celebrity clips highlight the app’s growing cultural influence—particularly among musicians, who increasingly depend on TikTok for exposure and promotion.
The video by @ox zung is the most popular among the year’s top five most-watched clips, according to TikTok.
The video’s response to viral trends feels, at least to me, something akin to Kaby Lame’s strategy.
The top five most viewed TikTok videos worldwide in 2022 were:
- @ox_zung – The Stitch expert shares tricks that made us gasp!
- @rosalia – Rosalía shows us all how to slay
- @lav_sings – Wows us with her #DesiTok singing skills
- @robertirwin – The Aussie conservationist rescues a baby blue-tongued lizard in the outback
- @thammachad – An iconic Thai creator receives an award in all their glory
These clips offer a variety of insights into TikTok usage and what is popular within the app.
Top trends for the US were:
- Jiggle Jiggle
- It’s Corn!
- One Thing About Me
- That’s Not My Name
- OK I Like it, Picasso
- Core Memories
- Things That Just Make Sense
- Rotoscope filter
- Renaissance Eyes
These factors prompted TikTokers to participate and share their own variations of the same trends in their films.
That’s the secret behind TikTok’s viral popularity. Memes and trends used to be more of a passive consuming element before TikTok. Still, TikTok has introduced a participatory element, so you’re not only entertained by other people’s clips, but the ecosystem now welcomes you into the process to give your own take.
You need to pay attention to these trends if you want to understand more about TikTok and how it functions.
The following are this year’s top products on TikTok that are noteworthy from a marketing standpoint. Also worth noting from a marketing perspective – the most viewed TikTok video showing new products on TikTok this year were