It can be frustrating to encounter the error “Input/handle must be a valid handle” when creating an account on the Bluesky platform. The error usually occurs because the username you are trying to register does not meet the platform’s requirements or is already in use.
To avoid this error, it’s important to understand the guidelines for valid handles and ensure that the handle you choose meets them. So, how can you fix the problem? Let’s take a closer look.
Understanding input/handle must be a valid handle
The platform’s guidelines for valid handles are designed to ensure that usernames are easy to read, understand, and remember. Here are some general rules to follow:
- Avoid special characters (other than underscores or periods, depending on the platform)
- Make sure it starts with a letter or number
- If the platform requires the handle to be positioned between an “@” symbol and a dot, make sure your input conforms to this format
How to avoid the error Input/handle must be a valid handle?
If you are encountering the “Input/handle must be a valid handle” error, here are some tips to help you avoid this error:
- Check the platform’s guidelines: Before creating an account, make sure to check the platform’s guidelines on valid handles. This will help you understand what types of handles are accepted and what format is required.
- Use a unique handle: Make sure that the handle you choose is unique and not already in use. You can check its availability by trying to register a handle. If the handle is already taken, the platform usually indicates this and asks you to choose a different handle.
- Avoid similar handles: If the handle you choose is similar to an existing handle, the platform may mark it as already taken. Try to find a unique handle that is different from existing handles.
- Use a combination: If the platform allows it, consider using a combination of your name and a number or underscore to create a unique handle.
- Check for typos: Make sure there are no typos in the handle you choose. A single typo can invalidate your handle.
- Try a different handle: If you’re still getting errors, try selecting a different handle initially to complete the account creation process. Once your account is set up, you can usually change your handle in the account settings. This step may bypass the error if the initial check of the system is overly cautious.
How does Bluesky signup process work?
Bluesky’s signup process has recently changed! As of today, February 7th, 2024, it is no longer required to have an invite code to join. You can now sign up directly through their website or mobile app. Here’s what you need to do:
Through the website or app:
- Visit the Bluesky website or download the app for iOS or Android.
- Click on “Create new account“.
- Enter your email address, choose a password, and set your date of birth.
- Click “Sign Up“.
- That’s it! You’re now registered on Bluesky.
Previously, the process was different:
Before February 2024, Bluesky operated on an invite-only system. You needed an invite code from an existing user to create an account. There were two ways to get one:
- Join the waitlist: Sign up on the Bluesky website with your email address to be placed on the waiting list. They would periodically send out invite codes to those on the list.
- Receive an invite code from a user: Existing users could share their invite codes with others.
When creating an account on a platform, the “Input/handle must be a valid handle” error can be frustrating. However, by understanding the guidelines for valid handles and following the tips outlined above, you can avoid this error and successfully create an account. Remember that to avoid the error, you need to make sure that the handle you choose is unique and compliant with the platform’s requirements.
Featured image credit: Swello / Unsplash