Are you facing the frustrating ‘Ubisoft Connect Connection Lost’ error while trying to dive into your favorite games on Windows 10/11? Fear not, as we’ve assembled a comprehensive guide detailing multiple methods to tackle this issue head-on.
But first, let’s ensure your system is properly connected to the internet and free from any physical damages that might impede connectivity.
How to fix the Ubisoft Connect connection lost error
Here are the solutions for fixing the Ubisoft connect connection lost error:
- Reset TCP/IP configuration
- Turn off Proxy settings
- Reset your network
- Modify DNS settings
- Uninstall and reinstall Uplay/Ubisoft Connect
Let’s take a closer look at the Ubisoft connect connection lost error solutions and fix the issue easily.
Reset TCP/IP configuration
The Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) manages data transfer between your system and the network. Resetting this can often resolve connectivity woes. Here’s a step-by-step guide to reset TCP/IP using Command Prompt:
- Launch Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Execute the following commands:
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
- Finally, type
exitand press Enter.
Check if the issue persists after this fix.
Turn off Proxy settings
Disabling proxies can often resolve connection issues. Follow these steps to disable a proxy:
- Open Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options.
- Navigate to LAN Settings and uncheck ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’.
Reset your network
A fresh start for your network settings might just be the key. Follow these steps:
- Open Windows Settings > Network and Internet > Network Reset.
- Click ‘Reset Now’ and follow the on-screen instructions.
Modify DNS settings
If all else fails, tweaking DNS settings can be a game-changer. Here’s how:
- Access Windows Settings > Network and Internet > Change Adapter Options.
- Modify the DNS server addresses for both IPv4 and IPv6.
Uninstall and reinstall Uplay/Ubisoft Connect
Sometimes, the issue might lie within the tools themselves. Uninstall Uplay and Ubisoft Connect, then reinstall the latest versions from the official websites.
With these steps, you should be able to bid farewell to the Ubisoft Connect Connection Lost error. If not, please reach out to Ubisoft support.
Featured image credit: Ubisoft