Are you one of those users that are affected by the “Snapchat video call not working” issue? Don’t worry we know how to fix it!
Snapchat began as a simple photo sharing app, but rapidly grew by adding features such as lenses, video calls, Snap Map, and others. However, the user experience while using these features may be impacted due to various reasons. Recently, numerous users have reported difficulties with Snapchat video calls. If you are facing the same issue, the following are some troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem of Snapchat video calls not functioning on Android and iPhone devices.
Snapchat video call not working: How to fix it?
The “Snapchap video call not working” issue is related to number of other glitches. If you want to fix the problem, follow these steps:
- Allow Snapchat permissions
- Turn off data saver in Snapchat
- Turn off content & privacy restrictions (iOS)
- Check if your friend has blocked you
- Delete unauthorized apps and extensions
- Clear Snapchat’s lens data
- Clear Snapchat’s cache data
- Update Snapchat to the latest version
- Reinstall Snapchat
- Contact Snapchat Support
Allow Snapchat permissions
Snapchat needs permission to access various components of a device in order to operate correctly. This includes the camera, microphone, mobile data, and others. If permission for any of these has been denied to Snapchat, features like video calls may not function properly. Here’s how to resolve the “Snapchat video call not working” issue:
To fix the issue:
- Press and hold the Snapchat app icon
- Select the info icon from the menu that appears.
- Navigate to the Permissions section and enable all necessary app permissions.
To grant the necessary permissions:
- Open the Settings app
- Find the Snapchat section, and use the toggle switches to turn on each permission individually.
Turn off data saver in Snapchat
If you have a data limit, you might have turned on Snapchat’s data saving option to prevent the app from loading new snaps and lenses automatically. However, this could also prevent the app from sending notifications for new calls or alerts when not in use. To resolve this, disable the data saving feature in Snapchat by following these steps.
To turn off Snapchat’s data saver feature, open the app and tap the profile icon in the top left corner. Go to the settings by tapping the gear icon in the top right. Scroll down to Data Saver and uncheck the option.
Turn off content & privacy restrictions (iOS)
The Screen Time feature on the iPhone can limit access to apps and services, which may affect Snapchat video call functionality. To resolve this issue, you need to take the following steps.
- Access the Settings app on your iPhone, navigate to the Screen Time section.
- Turn off the Content & Privacy Restrictions option on the subsequent screen.
Check if your friend has blocked you
It’s possible that somebody deleted (or blocked) you if the Snapchat video calls issue only affects one person. In that scenario, when you are on the phone, you will see the ringing screen, but your video call will not connect.
You’ll need to ask your friend to unblock you from Snapchat so that you may reconnect over video calls.
Delete unauthorized apps and extensions
The usage of unapproved programs and plugins like Snapchat++, SnapTools, Emulator, etc. is prohibited per Snapchat rules. You must first delete any of those plugins or apps if you previously used them in order to use Snapchat.
Clear Snapchat’s lens data
With Snapchat, you can add fun to video calls by experimenting with different lenses and effects. The app gathers lens data as you use these filters and experiment with new lenses. However, you can get a black screen during Snapchat video calls if that data is suddenly unavailable for some reason.
You might try deleting the old lens data to fix the “Snapchat video call not working” error:
- Navigate to Settings in the Snapchat app after opening it.
- In the next menu, select Clear All Lens Data after selecting Lenses from the scroll-down menu.
Clear Snapchat’s cache data
Similar to how Lens data is collected, while you load snaps, stickers, memories, and other material, Snapchat also gathers additional temporary data. This is referred to as cache data. The steps listed below can be used to clear the app cache if cleaning lens data was not enough to solve the “Snapchat video call not working” issue:
Open Snapchat on your mobile device and go to the Settings section.
- Click Continue when prompted after selecting Clear Cache from the Account Actions menu.
- Check to check whether you can now make video calls by restarting the app.
Update Snapchat to the latest version
If the video call feature problems on Snapchat only arose after a recent update, a solution from the company is likely to be released soon. Therefore, immediately update the app from the Play Store or App Store to resolve the “Snapchat video call not working” issue.
If the troubleshooting steps you have taken to resolve the video call issue on Snapchat have not been successful, uninstalling and reinstalling the app can be a reliable solution. This process can help to remove any temporary files, cache data, or corrupted files that might be causing the problem. To reinstall Snapchat, follow these steps:
- On your device, go to the App Store or Play Store.
- Find Snapchat in the list of installed apps.
- Tap on the app and select Uninstall.
- Once the app is removed, go back to the App Store or Play Store and search for Snapchat.
- Install the latest version of the app.
- Launch Snapchat and see if the video call issue has been resolved.
Contact Snapchat Support
If none of those solutions worked out for you, contact Snapchat Support as the last resort.
We hope this information has been helpful in resolving the video call issue on Snapchat. By following the steps outlined above, we hope you were able to fix the problem and get back to using the app smoothly. If you continue to experience issues, don’t hesitate to reach out to Snapchat’s support for further assistance. After you fix the problem, don’t say no to a little bit of fun and learn how to play games on Snapchat by visiting our guide!