Some Android users have been getting the “At your request android is blocking this category of notifications” message while using their phones, and that is why we’ll be covering how you can fix this issue.
This message is being displayed by Android phones in some of the apps’ notification category tabs. People are not able to use their apps or receive calls because of the issue. Luckily for you, we scoured the web and found the solution to this specific issue that is plaguing users. Just read on to learn how to fix this issue and get rid of the “At your request android is blocking this category of notifications” message.
How to fix “At your request android is blocking this category of notifications”?
One of the first ways that you can try and fix this issue is to clear the cache on your phone. To do this on an Android device, follow the steps below:
- Select Storage from the Settings menu.
- Tap the Apps entry in the following list (Other Apps on Android 11 and earlier). This will bring you to a list of all the apps on your phone.
- Select the program whose cache you wish to empty. Tap the three-dot menu in the top-right corner and choose Sort by size to discover which applications are taking up the most space.
- Tap the Clear Cache option on the app’s info page.
After you’ve tried clearing your cache on the app that is having the issue, try to use the app and see if you get notifications from it. If not, we can try a few other methods.
The second method that you can utilize is to restart the app. Close it completely and try to relaunch it. If that doesn’t help, look for an update on the Google Play Store. While this might resolve your issue, in case it doesn’t, you can also delete the app and reinstall it. If the message is displayed for an Android system app – like Phone, Messages, etc. – Look for a software update. To update your version of Android to a newer one, just follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap System System update towards the bottom.
- Your update status will be shown. Follow any instructions on the screen.
Lastly, there is a solution provided in the support forums that have been useful to some of the users. We’ve provided the steps below, so you can fix the “At your request android is blocking this category of notifications” issue:
- Open phone settings
- Select Apps and Notifications
- Tap “See all * apps”
- Scroll down to the app with the problem and select it
- Tap “Notifications”
- There should be a toggle switch for all notifications, toggle it on
As a last resort, you can try to get in contact with the device manufacturer to find out a solution. As there are many manufacturers who produce Android phones, if it comes to this, you’ll have to contact their support team and execute the steps that they suggest. These suggestions will probably differ. Also, you can try to find a solution to the “At your request android is blocking this category of notifications” issue by creating a support forum entry on the Android Help website.
Hopefully, one of the solutions that we’ve provided for the “At your request android is blocking this category of notifications” issue has solved it for you. If you enjoyed this article, we suggest that you take a look at some more, such as will my alarm go off on sleep mode? (iOS 16 and Android 13), or 12 best Mastodon app for iOS and Android.