- 1 Video chat websites: Rules of conduct in online conferences
- 2 5 don’ts when chatting with strangers on random chat websites
- 3 4 things acceptable on video chat websites
Want to safely and successfully video chat with strangers? Follow the simple rules of chat roulette, and your interlocutor will be delighted to meet you.
Video chat websites: Rules of conduct in online conferences
Today, there are thousands of websites providing random video chat rooms. These platforms enable users to communicate with strangers in video mode, regardless of gender, status, and race. This format has existed for over ten years and is still very popular. What is the reason for such a high popularity of video chat websites? There are four reasons for this:
- Convenient format: To start a conversation with other people via Coomet online video chat, you do not need to register, fill out a form and upload photos. Go to any website, press the “Start live video chat” button, and get to know each other. This is ideal for busy people who value their time and do not want to spend it on unnecessary and sometimes even useless activities.
- A huge number of interlocutors: Sites such as CallMeChat, Omegle, and Chatroulette are visited daily by 20-50000 users aged 18-35. Therefore, you will find an interlocutor who shares your interests.
- Relevant audience: When users access random video chat with strangers, they are likely to be inclined towards dialogue and are likely to be willing to engage in it.
- Anonymity and confidentiality: The less information a website collects about you, the better. Chatroulette is much more loyal to users than Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social networks. Most random chat websites guarantee the privacy and do not require registration. In other words, users will not be able to find anything about you unless you share information with them.
While video chat websites give you complete freedom regarding who you want to chat with, there are still some rules to follow when talking to strangers online. Below you will find a list of dos and don’ts on random video chat websites.
5 don’ts when chatting with strangers on random chat websites
Since many users look for communication, positive emotions, and entertainment on video chat websites, security has taken a backseat. However, this is a big mistake, and ignoring elementary safety rules can lead to sad consequences. Below you will find five things that are not allowed on video chat websites.
Do not open links sent to you by other users, and do not download files. Users interested in online communication will never share links but tell about themselves in a live dialogue. Most likely, the links are sent by scammers who want to steal your banking data or take over your personal information.
Follow the footage on the air
Most users do not care much about what is on the table during the live broadcast. On the desktop, there may well be some documents with confidential information, bank cards, business cards, and so on. Attackers can use this data against you. A technological breakthrough allows you to take a screenshot in seconds. Therefore, check what is in the frame when communicating with a stranger via video link.
Do not fall for the provocations of strangers
Stop video chatting if the interlocutor behaves incorrectly, provokes you into a conflict, etc. No need to succumb to the provocations of Internet trolls, show aggression, or try to explain something to such a person. You will not be able to convince a person of his inappropriate behavior – value your time.
Monitor your behavior in video chat
Website offering random video chat with strangers does not store user conversations. However, the interlocutor on the other side of the screen may turn on the recording and then use your words against you. So do not discuss sensitive issues and monitor your behavior online. Otherwise, the consequences can be the most unpredictable – from blackmail to serious litigation.
When communicating with a stranger, we recommend not giving too much personal information. You can give your name, but no more. No need to tell a stranger who you are, where you live, your job, how much you earn, what kind of car you have, and so on. There is always a risk that you will face an attacker just waiting to get personal data from you.
4 things acceptable on video chat websites
Having a good camera and microphone is not enough to ensure interesting communication with a stranger. Below you will find a list of things to consider while chatting on cam that will make you a more attractive conversationalist.
According to statistics, it only takes 2-5 seconds for users to decide whether to stay in a chat or not. The only thing you can judge at this time is your partner’s appearance. Therefore, you should not sit in front of the camera in a dirty T-shirt. If you want to interact and make new friends, make sure you look good on screen.
Speak respectfully and kindly
All users like to be treated with respect and kindness. This is especially in demand when conducting video chats with random women. From the first minutes of the conversation, you should behave respectfully towards the interlocutor in the chat. It’s not complicated. You have to: say hello, ask the person’s name and find out what they are interested in. A friendly attitude will immediately engage the interlocutor and encourage him to continue the conversation.
To interest someone, say compliments. Your interlocutor will be pleased to hear kind words from a stranger. You can note the beauty of the interlocutor’s hair, eyes, and style. Compliments of a more intimate nature are best left for later, as this can scare off the user.
You may be shy if this is your first time visiting video chat with random women or men. Questions may also arise in your head: What if the interlocutor does not want to talk to me? What if I need to be more interesting? Don’t let anything negative that might happen during a conversation pop up in your head. Remember that you can end a conversation with a stranger at any time!