- 1 How to fix Battlefield 2042 black screen after match?
Battlefield 2024 has been out for a while, but a few bugs such as Battlefield 2042 black screen after match hinder players from fully enjoying it. Several Battlefield 2024 players have lately reported a frozen black screen while attempting to open the game. This problem only affects PC players and occurs just before the game connects you to the servers. We investigated this problem and determined that it might be caused by a number of factors, including:
Outdated game – The Battlefield 2042 black screen after match is most likely to occur if you try to run an older version of the game on your PC that is no longer compatible with your operating system.
Outdated GPU drivers – If your graphics card drivers or driver equivalents were migrated from an earlier version of Windows, they may no longer be compatible, resulting in the problem at hand. The answer is simple: reinstall the most recent GPU drivers and restart the game.
Corrupted cache files – Corrupt cache files might be preventing Battlefield 2024 from accessing critical game dependencies, leading to the black screen issue.
Overclocked PC – Many gamers overclock their system’s hardware to boost performance speed, however, this can occasionally cause overheating, preventing the game from loading correctly.
How to fix Battlefield 2042 black screen after match?
Let’s move on to the troubleshooting approaches now that we know what may be causing the Battlefield 2042 black screen after match problem.
Update the game
Because each new update contains new features and problem fixes, the first thing you should do is check to see if your game has been updated to the most recent patch.
- Here’s how to update Battlefield to fix the black screen problem:
- Navigate to My Game Library on Origin and right-click Battlefield 2042.
- Select Update game and wait for it to install.
Update your graphics driver
It is normal for obsolete drivers to cause problems like Battlefield 2042 black screen after match. Graphics driver upgrades, like game updates, are jam-packed with bug patches. This implies that if an old driver is causing the problem, updating the newest updates should resolve it quickly. All you have to do is go to your manufacturer’s official website and download the most recent graphics driver version. Try running Battlefield again after installing it.
Repair game files
As it turns out, the Battlefield 2042 black screen after match problem is likely to occur if the game’s files have gotten infected with a bug or corruption fault. The remedy is simple: all you need to do is fix the files to get them back up and running.
- Navigate to My Game Library on Origin.
- Right-click Battlefield 2042 and choose Repair.
- Wait for the procedure to finish. Restart the game to see whether the problem has been addressed.
Epic Games Store
- Launch Epic Games Store and choose Game Library.
- Now, pick Settings from the Battlefield 2042 menu.
- Select Verify.
- Finally, relaunch the launcher and start the game.
- Start Steam and navigate to the Game Library.
- Right-click Battlefield 2042 and choose Properties.
- Now, go to Local Files and choose Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Finally, restart the game to see whether the black screen problem has been repaired.
Sometimes the launcher’s cache files become corrupt, resulting in the Battlefield 2042 black screen after match error. Clear the cache files and see if it resolves the issue.
Disable overclocking software
Several customers claimed that removing GPU overclocking tools resolved the Battlefield 2042 black screen after match issue. Overclocking your graphics card is normally a safe procedure, but the overclocking software can occasionally put too much strain on your system. We propose turning off your overclocking software and seeing if you can launch your game normally. Another thing you may try is to stop background apps in the Task Manager since there is a potential that one of them is interfering with Battlefield’s processes and creating the problem.
Reset the Game
Resetting the game is another option you might try. Resetting the game will return it to its original, error-free condition without affecting your online progress, so addressing the black screen issue.
- Navigate to C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\
- 2042: Battlefield
- Locate and right-click the Settings folder.
- Select Delete.
- Now, restart Origin and fix the game using the instructions outlined above.
- Restart the game to see if the black screen has been resolved.
Modify the screen’s resolution
It’s also possible that you’re experiencing Battlefield 2042 black screen after match because to a low screen resolution. Certain games demand a high resolution to function properly, therefore adjusting the screen resolution may suffice. This is how you can accomplish it:
- Select System from the Windows Settings menu.
- Select Display from the menu on the left, then Advanced display options.
- Now, select Resolution from the drop-down selection.
- If you have a 1440p display, change the resolution to 1080p.
- Restart the game to see whether the black screen problem has been cured.
Install Battlefield 2042 through the EA app
If none of the preceding techniques worked for you and you use EA’s Origin client, delete Battlefield from Origin as a final option. Then, using the EA app, reinstall it. Although the reason is unknown, numerous people have reported success in resolving the black screen issue by doing so, therefore we recommend giving it a try.
Hopefully, this guide on Battlefield 2042 black screen after match was useful and helped you solve your issue. If it did, we are sure that you will also enjoy reading some of our other articles, such as all Battlefield games system requirements (1, 2, 3, 4, and 5), or what is Battlefield 2042 Season 1 release date.