Today, we are going to be covering how to fix Warzone 2 mic not working, so you can play the game while communicating with your friends without any issues.
Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 is a gigantic free-to-play battle arena with a brand-new level called Al Mazrah. Join forces with your buddies and enter a wide war in the Republic of Adal’s metropolitan region and rural fringes. Find supply boxes and fulfill contracts to increase your armament and earn a tactical edge. Drop into the all-new sandbox objective-based mode to create your own warzone adventure while accumulating items for your Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 inventory. If you want to check out the game for yourself, make sure to visit the official Steam Store page.
The sequel to the popular Call of Duty-styled Battle Royale has arrived. New terrain and weaponry are included in the game. WZ 2.0 incorporates components from MW2, the most recent Call of Duty game. Warzone 2.0 is fantastic for BR fans, but not so good for multiplayer fans. We say this since the release of Warzone 1.0 in 2019 overshadowed the development of Modern Warfare, which was shortly abandoned. The Cold War had the same fate. We hope this does not occur with MW2.
Using the Mic in Battle Royale Games is necessary because communication is crucial; you must be alert and speak out to your teammates. You will be taken down by a random opposing squad if you make a mistake. As a result, in this post, we will go through how to solve the Warzone 2 mic not working issue.
How to fix Warzone 2 mic not working?
The good news is that there is no bug, and the mic not working issue is caused by your computer or device settings. Let’s figure out how to make this right.
Check Warzone 2 audio settings
- Click the Gear Icon in the upper-right corner. PC users can access Quick Settings by pressing F3.
- Choose “Audio” from the menu that appears.
- Scroll down to “Voice Chat” and choose the appropriate microphone device.
- Change the device to the one you’re using if it’s set to default.
Change Windows sound settings
- In the Windows Search Bar, type Sound Settings and choose the first option that appears.
- A new window with Sound options will open; scroll down to Input and pick your primary device rather than the default.
- After that, increase the Volume Level all the way to 100.
Disable Exclusive Control in Windows
Complete control over sound settings A setting in Windows that permits only one program to play audio at a time. This is beneficial if you’re watching a movie or listening to music and don’t want any other sounds to come through your speakers. However, in gaming, this may rapidly become an issue; to disable exclusive control:
- Go to Control Panel, which you may find using Windows Search.
- You may also search for “Change System Sounds” and click on it.
- A new settings window will appear.
- Double-click your primary microphone.
- Uncheck “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device” under “Exclusive Mode” on the “Advanced” Tab.
Allow microphone access from Privacy Settings
- In the Windows Search Bar, type Privacy.
- Select “Privacy & Security” as the first option.
- Scroll all the way down to “App Permissions” and select “Microphone.”
- Toggle the Microphone Access switch.
Update or reinstall mic device driver
A conflicting or outdated driver may be the source of the problem; to resolve this:
- Enter “devmgmt.msc” by pressing Windows + R.
- This will launch Windows Device Manager, which will display a list of your devices.
- Look for the name of your microphone under “Sound, video, and game controllers.”
- Right-click it and choose “Uninstall device.” Your computer’s driver will now be uninstalled.
- Restart your computer, and the driver will be immediately reinstalled.
Check if your microphone is muted
We know this is too obvious but if nothing else worked, maybe the simplest explanation is the right one. So make sure that your mic is not muted.
We hope that you enjoyed this article on how to fix Warzone 2 mic not working. If you did, we are sure that you will also enjoy reading some of our other articles, such as can’t invite friends MW2: How to add friends on Warzone 2, or Warzone 2.0 laggy: How to fix Warzone 2.0 lagging error.