New World is the latest MMORPG by Amazon, and it features a complete setup for crafting. Crafting is very beneficial for all good reasons, and this makes it a hot topic for debate as well. If you don’t want to spend New World Gold to upgrade items to their maximum levels, crafting is your only option. This way, you can save coins and spend them somewhere else. If you have some free resources in the inventory, go to a crafting station nearby to craft various items such as materials for settlement improvement, gears, armor, weapons, house furnishings, etc.
The only hurdle between you and the crafting table is crafting recipes that you have to learn before crafting items. Learning new recipes is very simple in New World because you only have to upgrade your crafting classes to the max. To craft better weapons at the forging station, upgrade the Weaponsmithing class. As you progress through those class levels, you will learn new recipes. The secret to unlocking more recipes is that you have to craft items using previously unlocked crafting recipes. Crafting items isn’t always the best option, so you should keep track of the prices of resources at the market to sell them at a better price instead.
This way you will make money. You will unlock crafting recipes until you reach crafting class level hundred, so it will be a long way till the end. Level up your crafting class from time to time to unlock new recipes while dealing with other content of the game at the same time. If you upgrade the crafting level at the right place, you will end up crafting better-level armor, weapons, and other pieces of equipment compared to what you receive from random drops. This makes it very important for crafters to learn a large number of recipes to craft items in a short period.
Crafting trade skills
The game features more than twenty different crafting trade skills and getting a general idea, and basic information about them is better because you don’t know when you will need them. Below are all the available crafting trade skills in the game to help you prioritize them for leveling according to your needs.
- Weaponsmithing: Melee weapons (not spears) and shields.
- Armoring: Armor (all weights).
- Engineering: Spears, ranged weapons, arrows, bullets, gathering tools.
- Jewelcrafting: Jewelry and gems.
- Arcana: Staffs, gauntlets, potions, and tinctures.
- Cooking: Rations, meals, fishing bait.
- Furnishing: Furniture for player housing, including trophies.
Tips to level up faster
Whether you like it or not, leveling up is grinding in New World; there is no way that you can avoid it. As you reach high levels of crafting classes, you have to craft hundred of items to level up your class to the next level. Each crafted item will provide you with experience points based on its rarity, so high-level items should be your first priority. Below are some more tips to help you level up faster in the game.
- Start by crafting steel tools to gather more resources in less time and save them for crafting. Instead of crafting one large item, craft many small items with resources from the bag. Upgrade your tools with iron to increase resource-gathering speed and reduce grinding.
- Craft as many spears as you can to upgrade the engineering crafting class as well as craft iron cartridges, but they need more resources compared to spears. If you opt for crafting cartridges only, you will be having quite a hard time managing saltpeter, so start saving it from the start.
- Get leather by killing animals on the map and craft leather items such as leather gloves to receive experience points. You also need iron along with leather for upgrading the armor-smithing class.
- When it comes to the stonecutting class, you need to craft items from stones as well as refine available gems.
- These gems are a good way to earn experience points. Sell them at the trading post for a profit.
Cook dishes and rations to upgrade the cooking class and get more recipes.
- Furnishing class is one of the hardest when it comes to upgrading it because who needs furniture in a virtual world, but you have to do it anyway. Become a lumberjack and get your hands on timber to craft furniture and get exp.
- Arcane is also very difficult in terms of leveling, but you can overcome these difficulties by making potions with buckets of water. Cheap potions are easy to craft, but they provide fewer experience points.
Tips for collecting resources
Even before the crafting starts, your crafting struggle will begin because you have to collect resources to craft recipes. The resource-gathering system of New World is pretty similar compared to various other MMORPGs because you have to set on an adventure through the game world and manually collect them. Each resource requires a different tool, such as you need an ax to chop down trees while a stone extractor mines rocks.
You can also pick resources by hand, but it will take a lot of time, so the best approach is to collect enough resources to craft these tools and use them to gather resources. You can also upgrade these tools to boost up the gathering speed. To gather some special resources, you need to hit a minimum gathering level. Your gathering and crafting will be long and tiring, so hang tight there and don’t lose hope. The hard work will start paying off when you achieve a specific level and can keep track of all the available resources afterward.
This way, your efforts will be largely reduced, and you will be able to gather more resources in less time. The map is your buddy, so use it to get the location of resources. The map in New World features complete details about where you can find specific resources to upgrade your crafting skill. Buy New World Gold and items from MMOpixel.