In this article, we are going to go over how to unhide Facebook post, so you can unhide post on Facebook that you removed a while ago.
Your hidden posts aren’t gone forever. Learn how to unhide a Facebook post, whether you’re using a desktop browser or a mobile app. Facebook makes it simple to keep track of the material on your personal page. You can hide postings on your own timeline, from stuff that isn’t as funny anymore to bad photos of you and your friends.
Even if you didn’t intend to remove the post or change your mind about hiding it, what happens if you don’t know how to find a hidden Facebook posting? Even seasoned social media managers have trouble locating a hidden Facebook post. Don’t worry; your secret postings aren’t permanently lost. Although the methods for revealing a hidden post aren’t obvious, they are straightforward.
Why would you unhide post on Facebook?
You have near-total control over the material on your personal timeline as a Facebook user. That implies you can make things public or private, and hide or reveal information as needed. Before we take a look at how to unhide Facebook post, let’s check out why you might wish to unhide post on Facebook.
- You’ve never wanted to entirely delete or remove a post: Perhaps you second-guessed your Facebook post but didn’t want your efforts to go to waste. Alternatively, you may have desired to put the post on hold and make it visible again at a later time.
- On your timeline, a buddy or relative has posted something startling, unpleasant, insulting, or inflammatory: Perhaps your first impulse was to hide the material, but you later recognized that you moved too quickly. You may be ready to express your views after taking some time to think about it.
- You want to conceal some memories: Perhaps you’d prefer to put a difficult date behind you or don’t want to draw any attention to something. You may become less inclined to hide the memories and more prepared to include them on your timeline as time passes.
- You didn’t intend to hide the post in the first place: You may have inadvertently hidden the post by clicking the wrong menu button.
How to unhide Facebook post with a laptop or PC?
Let’s now look at how to unhide Facebook post on a browser. Follow the four steps outlined below if you’re utilizing a laptop or a desktop computer.
Step 1: Log in to our Facebook account.
To begin, open a browser or a new tab and go to Facebook. To access the social networking site, type your email address or phone number and your password.
Step 2: Find your activity log
Locate your personalized Activity Log. Two methods for locating this page exist:
- Click the triangle-shaped main Facebook menu, which is in the upper right corner. Past pages, business managers, groups, ads manager, and other options may be found by scrolling down. To view your Activity Log, click it.
- Click the Edit Profile link in the top menu bar, which is near the center of the screen. Then click the Activity Log button in your cover photo’s lower right corner.
Step 3: Scan your hidden posts
The default view when you launch your Activity Log is all of the activities you’ve completed on Facebook, such as reactions, shares, and comments. Scan down the list of filters along the left side of the page to look for your hidden posts. To see all of the postings you’ve hidden since opening your account, click the Hidden From Timeline option. In reverse chronological order, Facebook displays all hidden material on this page.
If you want to see everything that’s been hidden, just scroll down the whole feed, beginning with the most recent post. If you’re searching for a specific post, you may use the year or month buttons to get straight to it.
Step 4: Unhide posts of your choice
To unhide a post, click its circle with a diagonal line running through it to the right of the post. When you click on this symbol, you’ll be taken to a menu allowing you to allow the content on your timeline, hide it, or delete it. To unhide the post, select Allowed on Timeline. If you’ve previously labeled the post as spam, consider unchecking that.
When you’ve located all of the posts you wish to unhide, go back to your Facebook profile. You’ll see all of the content you revealed as well as any responses or comments on the original postings while you scroll through your page. Friends, friends of friends, and anybody else might now see and interact with the material you’ve unhidden.
How to unhide post on Facebook using a mobile device?
The Facebook mobile app also allows you to retrieve hidden material. With your smartphone or tablet, follow these four steps to unhide a Facebook post.
Step 1: Open the Facebook app
Open the Facebook mobile app on your smartphone or tablet to begin. Then log in to your Facebook account.
Step 2: Locate your activity log
The Activity Log can be accessed in two ways using the mobile app:
- To access the main menu, tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the app. In the Settings menu, go down to Your Facebook Information, which is roughly halfway down the page. Then choose to view your Activity Log by tapping it.
- Tap your profile icon on the main page of the app or go to your Facebook profile directly. Open the menu in the upper right corner and choose “My Profile” from it. Then open your Activity Log, which is located near the middle of the Account Settings menu.
Step 3: Find your hidden posts
To see hidden material, open the Activity Log and then tap on the Filters button. Select Categories from the drop-down menu. At the bottom of the menu, choose Logged Actions and Other Activity. Then pick Hidden from Timeline to view all of your posts in reverse chronological order.
Alternatively, you may access hidden posts straight from the Settings menu by ignoring the Activity Log. Scroll down to Your Facebook Information in this menu and press the arrow next to it. Then choose Access Your Information and press the arrow to the right of Posts, which is at the top of the menu. Finally, tap Posts Hidden From Your Timeline. You may filter hidden material by date in either case by selecting Date from the drop-down filter menu at the bottom of the screen. Select a start and end date if you wish.
Step 4: Unhide Select Posts
To unhide a post, tap the triangle to the right of it. Select Show on Timeline from the menu that appears at the bottom of your screen. Repeat until all of the posts you wish to reveal are revealed. Finally, return to your profile page by tapping the back arrows in the upper left corner of the application.
You may need to completely remove a Facebook post. However, consider hiding a post instead of deleting it from your personal profile. This function allows you to permanently hide content because you can simply unhide a post on Facebook.