Today, we are going to go over how to change your birthday on Facebook and how to hide your birthday so you can customize your profile however you want to.
This guide will show you how to alter your Facebook profile’s birthday or birth year. This is a simple procedure that can be completed both on the mobile app and on Facebook.com. You may quickly change the privacy level of your birthdate settings if you’d rather hide your birthday rather than change it. Facebook has strict rules when it comes to changing your birthday; however, they don’t say how often it can be changed. If you’re having difficulties updating your birthday, try waiting a few days or weeks before trying again.
How to change your birthday on Facebook on a mobile device?
- Open the Facebook app. It’s the icon with a white “f” inside on your Home screen, in your app list, or you can find it by searching for it.
- Tap the three-line menu (☰). On an iPhone or iPad, it’s in the bottom-right corner. It’s located in the top-right corner of the screen on an Android device.
- Scroll down and select Settings & Privacy from the options listed. It’s the one with a gray gear icon halfway down the menu.
- Tap the Settings. This is the first option in the “Settings & Privacy” section.
- Tap on Profile Information. This is located under “Audience and Visibility.” Depending on the size of your screen, you may have to scroll down to view it.
- Click Edit next to “Basic Info.” This portion is located about halfway down the page.
- Select your birthday and birth year. You can choose the day and month of your birthday in the top part, while the following area allows you to pick your birth year.
- Choose an audience for your birthdate.
- After making any modifications, press the Save button. This is located in the top-right corner of your screen. Your Facebook profile now displays your new birthdate.
How do I remove my birthday from Facebook?
While performing step 7, next to “Audience,” you’ll see who can view your birthdate. This determines who is able to look up and view your birthday and birth year on your profile. You may pick a different audience for each value. To change the audience, tap the current audience, then choose something else. For both your birthday and birth year, repeat the steps until you’ve finished changing all of the audiences you wish to use. If you want to make either your birthday or birth year private, select Only me below the option.
How to edit your birthday on Facebook on a PC?
- Go to Facebook in a web browser. If you’re already signed in, this displays your news feed. You can now sign in if you haven’t done so before.
- Click your name in the upper-left corner. This page shows your Facebook profile.
- Click the Edit Profile button. This option is at the top of your profile, below your cover image. It’s immediately to the right of the blue “Add to Story” button. A pop-up window with details about your profile will expand.
- Click the Contact and Basic Info tab in the left panel under the “About” header.
- Click the pencil symbol next to your present birthday. It’s located in the “Contact Info” section at the bottom.
- Choose a new birth date. Select the month, day, and year of your birth using the drop-down menus.
- Choose a privacy level for your birthday and birth year.
- Then, click the Save button. This button is below the drop-down menus for birthdate selection. After you’ve made your changes, your new birthday will be available on your profile.
How to hide your birthday on Facebook?
You can restrict who sees your birthday and birth year information on your profile by clicking the drop-down menus beside each while in step 7. Choose an audience from the list of available audiences by selecting it. Select a birthday (month and day) and birth year individually before you can choose an audience for them. After that, you can hide your birthday by choosing Only me from the audience list for both the day and the year.
How many times can you change your birthday on Facebook?
Facebook only allows users to change their birthday a total of three times. This measure is in place to counter fraudulent profiles. So, if you are having any trouble changing your birthday on Facebook, try contacting the support team.
We hope that you enjoyed this article on how to change your birthday on Facebook. If you did, you might also like to check out how to fix “No data available” Facebook error, or how to change your profile name in Facebook.