Having smart devices is a necessity in our current world. Even your kids need these devices. But it can be dangerous to give your children access to these devices without supervision. That’s why we have put together a list of the 5 best apps you can use for monitoring your kid’s phones.
Dangers of the online world
We live in an overly connected world. This means that anyone anywhere can contact you or your kids, whether you want it or not. There’s no wonder why you want to locate a cell phone number and check your kid’s activity online. Nowadays, kids aren’t safe on the Internet. Some of the prime examples of the dangers that await your children online include:
- Sexual predators targeting kids
- Bullies compromising your child’s mental health
- The possibility of your kid’s bullying others
- Violent content or games
- Inappropriate or sexual content and websites
- Scammers trying to trap kids and adults alike
In short, there is no shortage of problematic things when smart devices are concerned. But at the same time, their importance and necessity cannot be denied. So, it’s become essential for you to provide your kids all the opportunities to grow while keeping a check on them.
How to monitor your child’s phone?
There are a couple of ways you can keep an eye on your child’s digital activity. First of all, you can check their phone directly. But it’s possible that they might have deleted inappropriate content.
The most effective method of keeping an eye on your kid is to use a child monitoring app. A lot of quality applications are available online, and we have selected 5 of them for you to choose from.
What makes spy apps the best option for you?
You cannot fix a problem you aren’t aware of. So, if you don’t even know whether your kids are exposed to unwanted content and people, then you won’t know how or when to protect them. Exposure to the wrong things on the internet is inevitable. But that doesn’t mean it can’t be avoided in the future.
Spying apps are not only a good way to keep an eye on the digital well-being of your child, but also to intervene when necessary. An app to monitor your kids can prove beneficial to you if you are looking to be more watchful of what your kids are accessing on their smart devices.
The important thing is to have open and honest conversations with your children to establish healthy patterns and behavior. Because even though spying apps can warn you, they can’t fix the problem at hand.
Best 5 spy apps for monitoring
Our top 5 picks for the best apps you can use to keep an eye on your kids are as follows:
1. mSpy (Recommended)
mSpy is one of the most effective apps you can use to monitor your kid’s smart devices. The thing that gives mSpy a leg up on all other apps is the extensive range of its features. With mSpy, you can:
- Monitor calls and messages (including on social media)
- Track GPS location
- Control and block apps
- Monitor all online activity
- Access emails and calendar
If you’re wondering how to monitor your child’s phone, then NetNanny is another option. It can:
- Apply parental controls
- Filter out specific content and websites
- Limit screen time of your kid’s phone
- Block the apps you want
- Protect your child by blocking pornography and other inappropriate sexual content.
Another suitable app to monitor a kid’s phone is Bark. Bark provides:
- Monitoring of social media apps such as Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and WhatsApp, etc.
- Access to your child’s text messages and emails
- Blocking of harmful or inappropriate content
- Alerts for unexpected or dangerous activity
If you are a parent, your thoughts of possible ways to monitor my child’s phone are not unusual or unprecedented. It’s natural to care for the safety and well-being of your children. Qustodio can help you do exactly that by:
- Providing options for you to block websites and apps
- Helping you set screen time
- Telling you where your child is at any time through GPS tracking
- Tracking online activity, text messages, and calls
The final contender for our list is WebWatcher. Like many of the apps above, it comes with a number of features. You can use it to:
- Monitor risky behavior and set alerts for specific content
- Track SMS, call and web history, and GPS location
- Monitor your child’s activity on messaging apps like Viber, WhatsApp, and Kik
- Check the list of apps installed on your kid’s phone.
You can use any of these apps to spy on your child’s smart device. The right choice for you depends on what features you are looking for.
We have to keep up with the changes taking place in the world. This means we need ways to protect our children without limiting their inclusion in digital activity. We hope this article will help you with your search for the best apps to monitor my child’s phone!