If you have ever tried to activate the Windows 10 WiFi hotspot and it has given you problems, we are going to show you the solutions that you can do to make this problem go away.
This is an error that many people are encountering for no apparent reason, but right away, they see that it is not possible to connect to this type of connection.
What is Windows 10 WiFi hotspot?
When we want to connect a device to the Internet, we can use our computer with Windows 10 to serve as a repeater and be able to give network to any type of product compatible with it.
This is called a WiFi access point or wireless adapter, a good solution if we do not need to have a permanent repeater in our home, but from time to time we need to connect a device we have.
How to create a WiFi access point in Windows 10?
Although it may seem that this is a system that is going to cost us to do it, the truth is that it will not be so and we will have a way to do it very easily and simply. We must follow these steps:
- We click on the icon of our connection.
- Then we must click with the right button of our mouse over where it says Zone of coverage and when we see Go to configuration, we must click on it.
- Now that we are in the Mobile hotspot section we must click on Edit, which is a button that appears just below the two types of connections to share the Internet.
- It is the moment to choose the name we want to give it and we must also write the password.
- As soon as we click on Save it will be active and we will see it in the part of the icon of our network. It will appear in blue with the name we have just given it.
- Now we just have to connect to that network with your password on the device we want and that’s it.
How to fix Windows 10 WiFi hotspot failure: All solutions
Sometimes problems are connecting the computer to another device through the system that concerns us today and we must perform a series of checks and steps to get everything back to normal, as it can happen suddenly and without warning. That is to say, everything was working like a charm until suddenly it no longer connects.
As the incident may be caused by a temporary failure of the router itself, the best thing to do is to restart it. If it has an off button, press it and if it does not, unplug it. After about 10 seconds, plug it back in and wait for it to work again. If the error has disappeared we already know where it came from.
We must make sure that Windows is updated since it can be that the error that we have is generalized and that with a patch that they send us from Microsoft we can solve it. That is why it is so important to have our operating system running with all the updates.
Sometimes this type of failure can come from the fact that we do not have the drivers up to date or that some kind of conflict may have occurred with them. That is why it is important to check that we have them with the latest versions, especially those that concern everything that has to do with WiFi. For that we have websites where we can check it, programs explicitly dedicated to it, or resort to the manufacturer of the component that we have in our computer and check if we can install a more updated version of its drivers.
We must be sure that the password we have set for the wireless system is the one we are trying to enter. We may think we have entered one and we have made a mistake and some extra letter or number that we did not count on has slipped in. The quickest and safest thing to do is to recreate the same system as before and make sure that we have the password we want and that it is the same as the one we are going to use on the devices that are going to use the computer to connect.
Reset WiFi adapter
To reset the WiFi adapter we must do the following:
- We write in the section for it of the taskbar Device Manager.
- When it appears at the top of the window, click on it.
- Next, we have to go to Network Adapters.
- Once there we click with the right button of our mouse on the network card and click on Properties.
- Now go to the Driver tab and then click on Disable device and click on OK.
- As soon as we do this we go back to the same tab again and now what we are going to do is click on Enable device.
This resets everything in the adapter’s memory in case there was something that interrupted the adapter’s operation.
Restart network system
- If the problem persists, then the next step is to restart the entire network system of the PC, something that can be done quickly from the Command Prompt.
- To enter the Command Prompt we have to put it in the Windows taskbar typing area.
- When we get the pop-up window in which we see the icon of the symbol we must click on it with the right button of the mouse and select Run as Administrator.
- Now that we are already inside it is the moment in which we write the following command:
netsh Winsock reset catalog
- Then press Enter.
Another option that we can take into account is an antivirus. Antivirus is necessary to protect us against all kinds of threats, but some may conflict with this wireless system of Windows 10. Therefore, it is best to disable it or, in extreme cases, uninstall it, to see if we can use the access system or wireless adapter with it without working.
If when checking it works, it means that the antivirus cut the connection and that we must investigate within the software the way for this not to happen or directly change to another one that allows us to work without problems.
It seems that there are users to whom cleaning the DNS has been useful for the signal repeater system of Microsoft’s operating system to work again, so let’s see how to do it.
- We have to click with the right button of the mouse on the Windows menu symbol and choose Windows PowerShell (Administrator).
- Next, we must type 3 commands, and after each of them, press Enter.
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /flushdn
- ipconfig /renew
- Now we go back again to Windows PowerShell (Administrator) and type the following by pressing Enter after each of them.
- ipconfig /flushdns
- nbtstat -r
- netsh int IP reset
- netsh winsock reset
- We must restart the computer and it will be the moment in which the WiFi access or wireless adapter should work.