Do you know how to create, use, and manage templates in Pages on Mac, well, we are going to help you out today. One of the most convenient features when starting a new document in Pages is its templates. Without being too many to overwhelm us, the app offers an important variety ranging from invoices to resumes, through books or letters. In addition, we can easily create our own templates, let’s see how to create, edit, use and manage them.
How to create a template in Pages on Mac?
In Pages creating a template is really easy. So the process starts by opening an existing template or a blank document and creating the design we want. We can add images, logos, text fields, titles, separators, whatever we consider appropriate to shape the document. When we have finished the steps are very simple:
- In the File menu tap Save as template.
- Click on Add to template selector.
- Type its name.
- Press Enter (↵).
We will see that in the template selector, at the bottom, under the heading My templates, the one we have just created appears. To use it, simply select it as you would any other template in the list and produce the document normally.
Let’s keep in mind that, thanks to iCloud, custom templates are saved and synchronized between all our devices, so we will find the one we just created on our iPad and Mac.
How to edit, rename or delete a template on Mac?
Once we have created the template there may come a time when we need to make some changes to it or even delete it. For now, it is not possible to directly edit a template, fortunately, we can achieve the same goal with a trick. Follow these steps:
- Open the Pages app.
- Select the template we want to edit and open it.
- Modify the template with the appropriate changes.
- Repeat the steps to create a new template that we have seen above, but assigning it a new name.
- Delete the original template.
How to delete the original template?
Very easy, we can also change its name. Follow these steps:
- Open the Pages app.
- Select the template we want to edit.
- Right-click on the template.
- Click on Delete or Rename.
- Then simply type the new name and press Enter or confirm the deletion in the dialog box that appears.
As you can see the process is really simple. Why don’t you try it out now?