- 1 How to cancel a Twitch subscription on Android, iPhone and PC?
- 2 Reasons to unsubscribe on Twitch
- 3 Does Twitch give refunds?
- 4 Where to cancel Twitch Prime?
- 5 Can I cancel Twitch Prime before the trial ends?
- 6 Can you cancel Twitch Prime free trial period without paying?
- 7 Twitch subscription plans
- 8 How to cancel your Turbo subscription?
- 9 How to cancel Twitch Prime 30 days free trial?
- 10 Do Twitch subs automatically renew?
- 11 How to turn off auto-renew on Twitch subscriptions?
If you don’t know how to cancel your Twitch subscription, it is a really easy task and it is possible to carry out on an Android smartphone, iPhone and even PC. Twitch is currently the most popular platform for broadcasting video games.
Millions of users around the world have subscribed to a Twitch channel because they like the content streamers share and want to support them. Twitch provides a great way to support your favorite content creators and sometimes you can get a shoutout live if you just give them subs (we mean subscribe them). But since Twitch subscriptions (Prime) cost $4.99 a month per channel, perhaps over time you no longer want to pay for the subscription, either because you are not interested in continuing to support that user, or because you simply do not want to continue paying for the service. So you can cancel your Twitch subscription to the channel you want, and keep your benefits until the next billing date.
We must warn you, before you read how to cancel your Twitch Prime subscription that if you want to do that on a mobile device, you can’t on an iPhone. Because you need to manually renew your subscription, otherwise they already end, or cancelled by the end of the billing period. And if you subscribed to a Twitch channel on a computer, you should cancel it on a PC again. Same goes for Android, if you subscribe to some Twitch channel using your phone, you should cancel on it as well.
How to cancel a Twitch subscription on Android, iPhone and PC?
To avoid your bank account being charged for the streaming platform fee you should follow some steps, they are similar on all devices.
To cancel a subscription from an Android you first open the app on your Android device. have to navigate to the channel you subscribed to and press the “Subscribed” button. Then you need to tap on the “Cancel Subscription” button. Twitch app will lead you from that point.
For iPhone devices, it is much easier. On Apple smartphones, the subscription must be renewed monthly. If you no longer want to pay, just wait until the end of the month and that’s it, the cancellation is done automatically.
Mac and PC
You will need to log in to your Twitch account and go to twitch.tv/subscriptions. Now you will click on the small gear next to the subscription you want to cancel and then on “Don’t renew subscription.”
If you have membership through Amazon
If your Twitch account is linked to Amazon purchase, you can easily cancel any Twitch subscription by following these steps:
1) Go to Twitch settings page.
2) Go down to Twitch Prime section.
3) Click on “Cancel Twitch subscription” option and confirm it. You have now successfully canceled your Twitch subscription for Twitch Prime account.
You can change this setting back by going through the same process and click “Continue”. The fact is that if you cancel any recurring plan on Twitch, Twitch will not refund your Twitch subscription payment.
That’s it! If you carefully follow these steps you should have no problems.
Reasons to unsubscribe on Twitch
People usually unsubscribe from Twitch channels for the following reasons:
Changes in the schedule
If the content creator changes their stream schedule, it might not suit you and you may not be able to watch them.
Changes in the payment method
You might want to change your payment method for your subscription. If you want to do that, first you need to cancel your subscription and resubscribe with the new payment method.
Unwanted/Bad interaction with the streamer
If you had an unwanted or bad interaction with the Twitch content creator, you might want to unsubscribe from the channel.
If you don’t want to spend anymore on supporting the streamer or you can’t, this might be a reason for cancellation.
Does Twitch give refunds?
As they explain in the Terms of Sale: “Cancellations are not permitted after a purchase and we do not offer any refunds or credits, including, without limitation, fees for Subscription Services.”
Where to cancel Twitch Prime?
- Login to Amazon.
- Click on Your Account
- Scroll down and click on Settings.
- Click on Manage Prime Membership
- Select to cancel the Twitch Prime membership.
Can I cancel Twitch Prime before the trial ends?
Yes, you can. To do that, follow these steps:
- Click on Your Prime Membership Account.
- Click End Trial and Benefits from the bottom-left corner.
- Select option End My Benefits and Select Continue to Cancel or Keep My Twitch Membership.
Can you cancel Twitch Prime free trial period without paying?
Once your free trial period is over, your payment method will be automatically charged for the following billing period. So it works as first pay and then use. If you don’t want to be charged, you should cancel your Twitch Prime membership before the trial period ends. Amazon Prime Gaming will not offer you a refund if you forget to cancel before the trial ends.
Twitch subscription plans
Twitch released the Twitch Prime membership in 2016. Twitch is a subsidiary of Amazon now, which means that Twitch Prime members get lots of free stuff. Twitch has monthly subscription plan $ 4.99 per month, Quarterly Plan ($ 14.99), and Annual Plan ($ 49.99).
How to cancel your Turbo subscription?
Twitch tries to make the cancellation process as simple as possible. They also recently made Twitch Prime a paid service, but Twitch Turbo is still free if you are logged into Twitch during your trial period. Twitch prime is a paid account that costs $ 10 per month and it provides features similar to Twitch Turbo, with some extra stuff thrown in for some games.
In order to cancel Twitch Turbo subscription, you should follow these steps:
1) Login Twitch and go to Twitch settings
2) Go to the Twitch Turbo tab
3) Click on “Disable Twitch Turbo” at the bottom of the page. Twitch will ask you to confirm your choice, click on Confirm button.
How to cancel Twitch Prime 30 days free trial?
You can cancel Twitch Prime 30 days free trial at any time to avoid future charges. You will also stop seeing Twitch Prime benefits for Amazon prime members, like ad-free Twitch viewing and channel subscriptions that don’t count towards Twitch’s monthly subscriber total.
1) Login Twitch and go to Twitch settings
2) Go to the “Twitch Prime” tab
3) Click on “Do not continue”. Twitch will ask you to confirm your choice, click on Confirm button.
Do Twitch subs automatically renew?
Twitch subscriptions are set to automatically renew by default. Twitch does not charge your payment method for the first month, but will charge you for all the following months until you cancel your Twitch Prime subscription. To avoid getting charged for recurring Twitch subscriptions, go to Twitch settings and click on “Do not continue”.
How to turn off auto-renew on Twitch subscriptions?
Twitch subscriptions can be turned off to avoid having Twitch charge your payment method on a monthly basis. To turn off auto-renew for Twitch subscriptions, follow these steps:
1) Go to Twitch settings
3) Click on “Do not continue” and Twitch will confirm you want to stop the renewal of Twitch Prime subscription. Twitch will not charge you for any subsequent month until you change this setting back. Turn auto-renewal back on by following the same steps and clicking the “Continue” button.