If you don’t know how to activate developer options in Android Auto, we are going to help you out in this guide. With the arrival of new smartphones on the market, it is possible to synchronize your devices and make them work together.
As we have seen with Apple CarPlay, Android also has an easy way to connect your phone through Android Auto, this way you’ll be able to use special features and applications on your car.
- How to create a secondary Instagram account linked to your main profile?
- How to take a screenshot on iPhone and Mac?
- How to install or remove extensions in Microsoft Edge?
For those who don’t know, Android Auto is a system developed by Google that allows smartphones to efficiently connect to the browsers of compatible cars and even operate their control panel.
Thanks to this system, today there are many apps you can use, including maps and radars, radio and podcasts, music and instant messaging apps. But did you know that Android Auto has a secret menu that you can access and get new features?
How to activate developer options in Android Auto?
These settings are typical of the Android operating system, and in previous cases, we have been able to activate the developer options, and know the advantages it has, especially to make advanced modifications, configure certain behaviors and solve problems. Now it’s time for you to learn how to activate the developer options in Android Auto and get the most out of it.
Before entering the secret menu it is important to know that some false moves can alter the proper functioning of the system, so maintain some caution. Follow these steps:
- Download and install the latest version of Android Auto on your mobile device. If you already have it installed, check that it is the latest version, especially to keep the app updated with the latest security standards.
- Open the Android Auto app.
- Tap the three horizontal stripes menu at the top left of the screen.
- Touch the “Settings” option.
- At the end of the “Information” section, you will see the version of the app. In this section tap several times (at least 10 times in a row) until the developer mode is activated. Shortly after that, a notification will appear asking if you want to enable developer settings, tap “OK”.
This step will open a new menu, tap on “Timer Settings” to access the menu with extremely interesting functions and that’s it.