If you don’t know how to take a screenshot on iPhone and Mac, we are going to help you out in this guide. Screenshots are really useful, you can use this feature to show an error to your IT department, or you can send a funny picture to your friend.
- How to invite people to your HomeKit home on iOS and iPadOS?
- How to mute a contact’s status update on WhatsApp?
- How to download the data archive of a Twitter account?
Luckily, the reality is that once we know how to take a screenshot we will hardly stop doing it, especially when we tend to use our phone or our computer for quite some time, so the moments when we need to take a screenshot are quite high.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone?
Since different iPhones with the Face ID feature do not have a Home Button, it is necessary to use the side button in order to take a screenshot. However, doing so is very easy, and only requires a little practice:
- We start by opening the application or screen we want to screenshot.
- We hold down the side button, located on the right side of the iPhone.
- At the same time, we press the Volume Up button.
- The screen will blink white, and we will hear the sound of the camera shutter (obviously, if the sound of our device is on).
How to take a screenshot on Mac?
The process to follow when you want to take a screenshot on the Mac or Macbook is just as simple and easy, although in this case we have to use the keyboard, and press a combination of keys at once.
- The truth is that we have two options. The first is to go to the Launchpad, click on Other and then click on Screenshot.
- If we want to use the keyboard combination, we just need to press Shift + Command + 5 at the same time to capture the whole screen or a certain window, or press Shift + Command + 4 at the same time to make a custom selection of what we want to capture.
As we see, the process to follow is quite simple and easy, both on iPhone and Mac, why don’t you try it out now?