If you don’t know how to set the default USB behavior on Android, we are going to help you out in this guide. Thousands of Android users connect their phones to the computer via USB on a regular basis. Most commonly, when you connect your phone to your computer, you do it to transfer files, such as photos or videos. When you do that, you always get a small menu on the phone’s screen, where you can choose what you want to do.
- How to make Siri talk when the iPhone is plugged in on iOS 14?
- How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free in 2021?
- How to create a QR code on iOS without apps?
This is the usual process, but for many Android users, it is a bit annoying, as they only connect their phone to the computer with the USB cable to transfer files. If this is your case, there is the possibility of making this the default option, to speed up the process.
How to set the default USB behavior on Android?
If you choose a default setting, when you connect both devices, you will no longer get that window with several options on the mobile screen, but the process will be automatic. Just follow these steps:
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Go to the Developer Options section (if they don’t come up, you have to activate them first on your phone by clicking several times on the Android version number).
- Within the Developer options, look for the USB Default Settings section.
- Go to this section.
- Select what you want to happen when you connect the phone to the computer via USB.
The option you have chosen will be the one that is activated by default when the two devices are connected. If you want to change it, just follow the steps that we have shown, and you will be able to change the default USB behavior of your Android device.