If you don’t know how to sign out of Gmail on Android and iOS, we are going to help you out. On the mobile phone, you don’t generally log out from your favorite mail application. This is why you might now know how to do it. It is really easy, keep reading.
- How to reduce the streaming quality on Netflix?
- How to learn the version of Google Chrome you are using?
- How to use the mobile version of Facebook on the PC?
How to sign out of Gmail on Android and iOS?
Gmail is integrated into our mobiles, so signing out is not just a click of a button, but Google only allows you to do it by deleting the Google account completely from your Android or iPhone mobile. Just follow these steps for Android and iOS respectively:
On an Android phone
In Android, Google accounts are tightly integrated into the system, being used not only for Gmail but also for Duo video calls, calendar, backup of Google Photos, Google Play, Google Keep notes, and a long, etc.
This means the only way to sign out of Gmail on an Android phone is to remove the Google account completely. This will prevent the account from being used for other applications, but it is the only way. The process is quite simple:
Basically, you’ll have to go to the Android settings and, in the accounts section, find the account you want to remove and tap Remove Account. Then, you will need to confirm your intention. Here are the exact steps:
- Open the Android Settings
- Enter the Accounts section
- Tap the account you want to remove
- Press Remove account and confirm in the next window
On an iPhone
On an iPhone, the picture is the same. The only way to sign out of Gmail is to delete the account completely. From the Gmail application, you can do this by tapping on your profile picture and then entering Manage Google Account. There you can finally remove the account from the device.
This will remove the Google account from your iPhone. If you do not use the Gmail application, but sync your Gmail mail to other applications such as Mail, you will need to remove the account from the settings.
In the settings of the iPhone, enter Passwords and accounts, and tap on Gmail. Click on, Delete account to completely remove the Google account from your iPhone. This is the summary of the steps:
- In the application, tap on your profile picture
- Click on Manage Google Account
- Press Remove from this device
- If you do not use the app, go to iPhone settings
- Login to Passwords and Accounts
- Find Gmail
- Press Delete Account