If you don’t know how to change the date and time of a photo on an iPhone, iPad or Mac, we are going to help you out. On our devices, we accumulate many photos. Having them all well organized by date and time is an important thing.
If you have a photo on your device with the wrong date and time, or if it’s directly missing this metadata, you can change or edit it.
- How to link Disney+ with Google Assistant on Android?
- How to sync your Google Photo favorites with your Apple photo library
- How to scan documents with your Samsung Galaxy smartphone?
How to change date and time of a photo on an iPhone, iPad or Mac?
Natively the iOS and iPadOS Photos app allow us to edit many parameters of the photo, but you can not put a different date and time. But it’s okay since we can use third-party apps to do it.
In the App Store, there are several applications to perform this function, we recommend Exif Metadata. A free application to modify our photo date. After you install it, follow these steps:
- Open the Exif Metadata app on your iPhone or iPad.C
- Click on the big button with a “+”.
- Select the photo you want to edit after giving the app permission to access all your photos.
- The photo will open in the app and you will be able to see all the information and metadata.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Edit Exif button.
- Click on the date or time of the photo, and set it as you wish.
- You can add other metadata such as the author of the photo, the title, or even change the device.
Fortunately, doing this task on a Mac is easier, and probably more convenient. The application Photos app in macOS allows us to change the time and date of photos very quickly. These are the steps you must follow:
- Enter the app Photos and open the photo you want to change the date and time.
- Right-click on the photo and enter Get Info.
- In the tab that opens double click on the date and time of the photo.
- Another window will open where you can change the date and time of your photo.
- You can select various time zones on the map.
- When you are done click on Adjust.
If by some chance your device took a photo with an incorrect date, or if this data is not on the photo for some reason, that’s how easy it is to edit and set a correct date and custom time on a photo from the iPhone, iPad or a Mac.
Best alternative apps to change date or time on iPhone or iPad photos
Apple doesn’t support changing date and time with its Photos app on iPhone or iPad. So you can check these apps to do the job.
It is actually a jailbreak tweak which will allow you to put a non-destructive timestamp on photos that appear on Photos app. These won’t be permanent, as they only appear when you use Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
If you are looking for a free app, which allows editing time and date in bulk. It uses non-destructive editing, so it won’t destroy the original photo.
If you need various personalization options, you can use Timestamp app. It is free, but some features are supported through in-app purchases.
With this article we told you how to change date and time of a photo on an iPhone, iPad or Mac and the best iOS apps to do it easily.