We show you how to limit the use of data on the internet with both Ethernet cable or WiFi in Windows 10.
Windows 10 integrates new functionalities in their operating systems as the new editions advance and one of them is practical when it comes to the use of data on the computer and the reason is simple, some users do not have an unlimited level of data since they have a monthly browsing limit which, when this limit is exceeded, involves additional expenses that were not planned within the management or control of said user.
- Windows 10: How to view wired & WiFi network data usage?
- How to recover the password of your WiFi with Windows 10?
- A new Windows 10 error makes you offline
Now, Windows 10 gives us the opportunity to set a data usage limit on your system and thus determine when data usage stops there and we will show you how to achieve this.
How to limit internet data usage on Ethernet cable or WiFi in Windows 10?
- To establish this limit, go to the Start menu and there, select “Settings”
- Go to the “Network and Internet” section and in the new window displayed click the “Data usage” section
- You can see the use of each of the networks available in Windows 10. To define the data limit, in the field “Show configuration for” select the network
- Than click on the button “Set limit”
- You can define the following parameters:
– Limit type
– Day on which normal data usage will be restored
– Amount of data to use in the restriction both in number and value (MB or GB)
- Once you define these values, click on the “Save” button to confirm the action.
This same process applies to the Wi-Fi network:
- Select the Wi-Fi network in Windows 10
- Click on Set limit and define the necessary values
- When you configured this type of limit, you can also monitor its status
To create a data usage limit for WiFi or Ethernet in Windows 10 is this simple.